In 1915, a group of people, who were excited about what God was doing in their lives and wanted to share it with others, started meeting in an old lodge located on the corner of East Seneca and Aurora Streets.
In 1923, that small group decided to organize and they started a church and named it Calvary Full Gospel. They rented a small building which eventually was torn down to make way for The Royal Court Restaurant.
On Sunday January 11, 1953, eleven members of Calvary Full Gospel church voted to purchase an old orphanage located at 520 West Seneca Street to renovate and use as their church facility. In order to come up with the down payment for the building, they borrowed more than six thousand dollars from members of the congregation just to be eligible for a bank loan. Hand written accounts give us a glimpse into the struggles they undertook to make the vision become a reality. It is that pioneering spirit and faith that has permeated the culture of who we are today.
In 1973, Calvary Full Gospel was officially incorporated and the name was changed to First Assembly of God.
On October 11, 1998, more than 85 years after holding their first Bible Study on the corner of East Seneca and Aurora Streets, and 45 years since taking the first step of faith and purchasing the orphanage, the membership of First Assembly once again heard the call from God to step out in faith and voted unanimously to build a new ministry facility on Bostwick Road.
On February 28, 1999, First Assembly sold the building on 520 West Seneca Street. The congregation moved into the new facility at 197 Bostwick Road in February of 2000, and the facility was dedicated to the Lord on April 2, 2000.